Re: Problem Connecting to 5432

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem Connecting to 5432
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Casey, J Bart" <CaseyJB@wofford.edu> writes:
> I have read message after message and searched the internet for hours,
> yet I still can't get a remote computer to connect to port 5432 on my
> Fedora Core 3 system running Postgresql 7.4.7.

You need to restart (not just SIGHUP) the postmaster to get it to accept
the tcpip_socket flag.  If you don't see it listening in netstat then
my first guess is you forgot that step.  If it's not apparent what's
happening then you need to look at the postmaster's log output ... which
I think the default configuration in FC3 will deliver to /dev/null :-(
You could tweak the initscript to change that, or start the postmaster
"by hand" from a terminal window to see if it prints any useful messages.

Once you see that it's listening, try "psql -h localhost ..." to see if
a TCP connection actually works.  I am not sure that it will work by
default --- I think that the default iptables firewall configuration on
FC3 disallows connections to 5432.  (Even if they're allowed on local
loopback, they're very likely not allowed remotely.)  So fixing the
iptables configuration will be your second hurdle.