Re: Changed SRF in targetlist handling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Changed SRF in targetlist handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>>> If we go with rewriting this into LATERAL, I'd vote for 2.5 (trailed by
>>> option 1), that'd keep most of the functionality, and would break
>>> visibly rather than invisibly in the cases where not.
>> 2.5 would be okay with me.

> Curious if this approach will also rewrite:
> select generate_series(1,generate_series(1,3)) s;
> ...into
> select s from generate_series(1,3) x cross join lateral generate_series(1,x) s;

Yeah, that would be the idea.

> another interesting case today is:
> create sequence s;
> select generate_series(1,nextval('s')), generate_series(1,nextval('s'));

> this statement never terminates.  a lateral rewrite of this query
> would always terminate with much better defined and well understood
> behaviors -- this is good.

Interesting example demonstrating that 100% bug compatibility is not
possible.  But as you say, most people would probably prefer the other
behavior anyhow.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Negators for operators
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Permission Denied Error on pg_xlog/RECOVERYXLOG file