Re: Could not create shared memory segment...(in linux)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Could not create shared memory segment...(in linux)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Skidew8@cs.com writes:
> There are many posts about "...FATAL: Could not create shared memory
> segment.  Function not implemented..." when trying initdb using
> cygwin, but...I get the same error with straight Linux (pgsql 7.4.1;
> 2.6.4-ck2 kernel).  It installed fine with RH9 with either a
> RH2.4.20-8 or a vanilla 2.6.4 kernel, but I recently switched to
> Gentoo 2004.0 with the aforementioned kernel.  Is this a problem with
> the ck patches?

Sure sounds that way.

> Might this be fixed with pgsql 7.4.2?

Highly unlikely that you'd see any difference in behavior.  I'd say
that your "ck" kernel broke support for SysV shared memory; whether
accidentally or deliberately, I do not know.  In any case there is
no such problem in mainstream Linuxen.