Re: psql \copy hanging

От Arnaud L.
Тема Re: psql \copy hanging
Дата
Re: psql \copy hanging
Список pgsql-general
Le 03/10/2019 à 16:32, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> I may have missed it before, but where is the Postgres server located?

On the same local area network. Not on the computer running the script
(so direct COPY TO <file> is not an option).

> Given that this seems to be some sort of resource issue and that the
> below contains commands that are not dependent on each other, have you
> thought of splitting myscript.sql into two scripts? If nothing else the
> n(total line)-problem line in one script and the problem line in
> another. That would help nail down whether that line is truly the
> problem or if it is an interaction with running the other 50+ lines.

OK I can do that. I thought I nailed it down to this line because it
started failing when this line was ~5th in the script, and it kept
failing on that very same line after I moved it at the very end of the
script (that's where it is now).

As a side note, COPY (...) TO STDOUT \g 'somefile' does not work in a
script file (i.e. it does not work if the command is passed in a file
via the -f argument).
The command runs fine, no error is raised either by the client or the
server, but no file is written.

Regards
--
Arnaud