Re: Comments on Custom RMGRs

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Comments on Custom RMGRs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2024-03-29 at 18:20 +0700, Danil Anisimow wrote:

> In [rmgr_003.v3.patch] I added a phase argument to RmgrCheckpoint().
> Currently it is only called in two places: before and after
> CheckPointBuffers().

I am fine with this.

You've moved the discussion forward in two ways:

  1. Changes to pg_stat_statements to actually use the API; and
  2. The hook is called at multiple points.

Those at least partially address the concerns raised by Andres and
Robert. But given that there was pushback from multiple people on the
feature, I'd like to hear from at least one of them. It's very late in
the cycle so I'm not sure we'll get more feedback in time, though.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis