Re: Improving postgresql.conf

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>> One thing that truly annoys me about postgresql.conf is say I unhash an
>> option and set it to something.  Then I reload.  Then I edit the conf
>> and hash it out again, then I reload.  Of course, the option still has
>> my old value.  This is really annoying and I've wasted lots of time
>> trying to figure out what's going on.

> Seems we could easily fix this by reading the config file, marking the
> entries we found, and setting all the rest to default values, basically
> pretending they were all specified as defaults in the config file.

We've discussed that and rejected it as a bad idea before.

The only real problem I see is that showing all the values as comments
encourages the idea that you can undo a change by undoing your edit.
The simple and obvious fix is to not show the values as comments ...

Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf