BUG #18348: Inconsistency with EXTRACT([field] from INTERVAL);

От Wetmore, Matthew (CTR)
Тема BUG #18348: Inconsistency with EXTRACT([field] from INTERVAL);
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Devils advocating here, feel free to ignore.

Is there a real need for a negative month?  Sounds like high level this could be disastrous if I screw up the syntax.
(Ah,memories of DD)

I have done this in data warehousing with dimensions tables.

Just process on the INT and translate into the name.

I was thinking on how a negative month could impact this side (data warehousing) side of querying.

I could be chicken little on this, but wanted it in the conversation.

workaround for negative months:

CREATE TABLE dim_biz_hours( year INT(4)
, doy INT(3)
, dow INT(7)
, month INT(2)
, day INT(2)
, hour INT(2)
, minute INT(2)
, second INT(2)
, utc_offset INT(2)
, utc_offset_dst INT(2)
);

INSERT INTO biz_hours (year)
SELECT * FROM generate_series(2000, 2099);

INSERT INTO biz_hours (doy)
SELECT * FROM generate_series(1, 366);

INSERT INTO biz_hours (dow)
SELECT * FROM generate_series(1, 7);