Re: Possible memory corruption (src/timezone/zic.c b/src/timezone/zic.c)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible memory corruption (src/timezone/zic.c b/src/timezone/zic.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> So the question for us is whether it's worth trying to make pgreadlink
> conform to the letter of the POSIX spec in this detail.  TBH, I can't
> get excited about that, at least not so far as zic's usage is concerned.

Hmmm ... on closer inspection, though, it might not be that hard.
pgreadlink is already using a fixed-length buffer (with only enough
room for MAX_PATH WCHARs) for the input of WideCharToMultiByte.  So
it could use a fixed-length buffer of say 4 * MAX_PATH bytes for the
output, and then transfer just the appropriate amount of data to the
caller's buffer.