Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.
Дата
Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
> On 3/2/16 4:21 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> I think you should commit this. The chances of anyone other than you
>> and Masahiko recalling that you developed this tool in 3 years is
>> essentially nil. I think that the cost of committing a developer-level
>> debugging tool like this is very low. Modules like pg_freespacemap
>> currently already have no chance of being of use to ordinary users.
>> All you need to do is restrict the functions to throw an error when
>> called by non-superusers, out of caution.
>>
>> It's a problem that modules like pg_stat_statements and
>> pg_freespacemap are currently lumped together in the documentation,
>> but we all know that.

> +1.

Would it make any sense to stick it under src/test/modules/ instead of
contrib/ ?  That would help make it clear that it's a debugging tool
and not something we expect end users to use.