Re: pidof not working for postgresql-8.3 ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pidof not working for postgresql-8.3 ?
Дата
Re: pidof not working for postgresql-8.3 ?  (Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it>)
Список pgsql-novice
Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:
> Besides that I just found out that 'pidof' doen't seem to work for the
> ordinary user, as far as postgresql is concerned, whereas it works
> regularly for other processes:

> user$ pidof /usr/sbin/apache
> 19095 19094 19093 19092 19091 19088

> user$ pidof /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/postmaster
> [nihil]

> Is this a normal behaviour for the new pg_8.3?

I am not familiar with pidof (doesn't exist on any of my boxen)
but maybe it is looking at real executable names rather than
symlinks?  Try looking for "postgres" instead of "postmaster".