Re: BUG #18196: Databases Created in Turkish Language Will Not Run on the Latest Version of Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18196: Databases Created in Turkish Language Will Not Run on the Latest Version of Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org> writes:
> Aside from the disappearance of the previous name, this "ü" in the new
> name also looks troublesome. It might be encoded as a single byte in
> an encoding of the ISO-8859-* family, in which case the byte would be
> 0xFC it seems, but in an UTF-8 context, it would be represented by the
> sequence 0xC3 0xBC.

Indeed.  That jogged my memory that we've dealt with this sort of
thing before; search the commit log for mentions of "Norwegian (Bokmål)".

I guess we could add mapping entry(s) similar to what we use for that,
although that won't help anybody who's already stuck with an unstartable
database.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18196: Databases Created in Turkish Language Will Not Run on the Latest Version of Windows
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18196: Databases Created in Turkish Language Will Not Run on the Latest Version of Windows