Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
jeff@pgexperts.com writes:
> What happens is that we change various logging options in postgresql.conf,
> then reload, and every so often, the settings don't seem to take effect even
> though they are logged as being changed.

FWIW, the "parameter changed" messages are logged when the postmaster
process updates its values of the GUCs.  The particular options you're
complaining of here, though, are not actually checked in the postmaster
--- they're used in the checkpointer or syslogger processes
respectively.  So one theory about this would be that those processes
aren't absorbing the GUC updates, perhaps because the SIGHUP signals the
postmaster should be sending them are getting lost.  I'm not sure how we
might track down the cause though.  How "various" are the platforms
you're seeing this on?