Re: Using dblink to connect as non-superuser

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Using dblink to connect as non-superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Robert Fitzpatrick <lists@webtent.net> writes:
> I try to use dblink_connect while logged into the database as the
> superuser and it returns OK, but if I disconnect and use the same
> command as follows, it give and error, password is required. Even if I
> try to use the superuser login in the connect string below while
> connected as a non-superuser, I get the error...

This probably means that the remote database is not in fact prompting
for a password on this connection.  For security reasons dblink wants
non-superuser callers to supply a password that actually gets used
--- otherwise they are effectively able to masquerade as the local
superuser to the remote database.