Re: Auto vacuum not running -- Could not bind socket for statistics collector

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Auto vacuum not running -- Could not bind socket for statistics collector
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?UTF-8?Q?Tim_Sch=C3=A4fer?= <ts+ml@rcmd.org> writes:
> After starting the server with pg_ctl start, I get the following entries in the
> logs:

> 2014-12-02 15:27:36 CET     LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics
> collector: Cannot assign requested address
> 2014-12-02 15:27:36 CET     LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of
> working socket

Yes, this will break autovacuum, because it won't have any way to find out
what it should vacuum.  The cause probably is a DNS issue: "localhost"
isn't resolving to anything sensible.  "dig localhost" on the command line
might offer some insight.

> I found some older threads using Google, and the person was given the advice to
> check the listen addresses resolve to the proper IP addresses, but this is the
> case for me:
> grep listen_address /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf

listen_addresses is not related to this.  The stats code tries to bind
to whatever "localhost" resolves as, independently of that.