Re: pg_restore out of memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore out of memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Miguel Ramos <org.postgresql@miguel.ramos.name> writes:
> We have backed up a database and now when trying to restore it to the
> same server we get this:

>>> # pg_restore -d recovery /mnt/paysdeloire2013_convertida2.1.dump
>>> pg_restore: [custom archiver] out of memory

It looks to me like this error is pg_restore itself running out of memory,
not reporting a server-side OOM condition.  You could verify that by
looking in the server log to see whether any out-of-memory error appeared
there.  But assuming that I'm right, the other responses suggesting
tweaking server configurations are not on-point at all.

Unless you're running pg_restore under a really small ulimit, this would
seem to suggest some kind of memory leak in pg_restore itself.  I wonder
how many objects in your dump (how long is "pg_restore -l" output)?

> - PostgreSQL 9.1.8 custom compiled to get 32kB blocks

9.1.8 is pretty old ...