Re: Cascaded Column Drop

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cascaded Column Drop
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What I was actually wondering about after reading Tim's report was
>> whether we could support zero-column tables, which would eliminate the
>> need for the special case altogether.  I have not looked to see how
>> extensive are the places that assume tuples have > 0 columns ...

> Zero-width tables do sound interesting.  Is it somehow non-relational?

Dunno.  I wasn't really thinking that zero-width tables are all that
useful by themselves, but it does seem natural that you should be able
to redefine a column by
    ALTER TABLE mytab DROP COLUMN foo;
    ALTER TABLE mytab ADD COLUMN foo ...;
even if foo is the only column in mytab.  Right now we reject that.