Re: Performance degradation in commit 6150a1b0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance degradation in commit 6150a1b0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 6:45 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> On 2016-03-31 06:43:19 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> To which proposal are you referring?

>> 1) in http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160328130904.4mhugvkf4f3wg4qb@awork2.anarazel.de

> OK.  So, Noah, my proposed strategy is to wait and see if Andres can
> make that work, and if not, then revisit the issue of what to do.

I thought that proposal had already crashed and burned, on the grounds
that byte-size spinlocks require instructions that many PPC machines
don't have.

Сообщение: Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Сообщение: Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics