Re: Backend-internal SPI operations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backend-internal SPI operations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com> writes:
>> 1. Function Prototypes (CREATE FUNCTION ... AS NULL)
>> 2. Types

> Sorry. I forgot about function prototypes with arguments of
> user-defined types. Seems there's no magic bullet. :-(

Not necessarily --- there's a shell-type (or type forward reference,
if you prefer) feature that exists to handle exactly that apparent
circularity.  Otherwise you could never define a user-defined type at
all, since you have to define its I/O procedures before you can do
CREATE TYPE.

I didn't study your proposal in detail, but it might work.

Сообщение: Re: Backend-internal SPI operations
Сообщение: Re: Backend-internal SPI operations