Re: BUG #18467: postgres_fdw (deparser) ignores LimitOption

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #18467: postgres_fdw (deparser) ignores LimitOption
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2024-May-17, Japin Li wrote:

> After some dig in, I find transformLimitClause() has the following comments:
>
>  * Note: as of Postgres 8.2, LIMIT expressions are expected to yield int8,
>  * rather than int4 as before.
>
> So the deparseConst() append '::bigint' typecast, same as get_rule_expr().

Hmm, probably the answer is not to use deparseExpr in
appendLimitClause() then.  I mean, AFAICS this is a postgres_fdw
problem, not a core parser problem.

Not sure if this is workable, but maybe test if the value is a constant,
and use FETCH FIRST if so, otherwise fall back to using LIMIT.  (It's
not clear if this would handle FETCH FIRST +123123123123 ROWS WITH TIES
correctly though -- worth checking).

Oh, I see we never got back to adding FETCH FIRST / PERCENT.  We had a
patch seemingly almost ready for that ...

Сообщение: Re: relfrozenxid may disagree with row XIDs after 1ccc1e05ae
Сообщение: Re: relfrozenxid may disagree with row XIDs after 1ccc1e05ae