Re: documentation structure

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: documentation structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-17 02:46:53 -0400, Corey Huinker wrote:
> > > This sounds to me like it would be a painful exercise with not a
> > > lot of benefit in the end.
> >
> > Maybe we could _verify_ the contents of func.sgml against pg_proc.
> >

> All of the functions redefined in catalog/system_functions.sql complicate
> using pg_proc.dat as a doc generator or source of validation. We'd probably
> do better to validate against a live instance, and even then the benefit
> wouldn't be great.

There are 80 'CREATE OR REPLACE's in system_functions.sql, 1016 occurrences of
func_table_entry in funcs.sgml and 3.3k functions in pg_proc. I'm not saying
that differences due to system_functions.sql wouldn't be annoying to deal
with, but it'd also be far from the end of the world.

Greetings,

Andres Freund