Re: SET ROLE documentation improvement

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: SET ROLE documentation improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 10:33:15AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 09:21:39AM +0300, Andrey M. Borodin wrote:
>> Can I ask you please to help me with determining status of CF item
>> [0]. Is it committed or there's something to move to next CF?
>
> Only half of the patch has been applied as of 3330a8d1b792.  Yurii and
> Nathan, could you follow up with the rest?  Moving the patch to the
> next CF makes sense, and the last thread update is rather recent.

AFAICT there are two things remaining:

* Remove the "they lose their superuser privileges" note.
* Note that SET ROLE and SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION are exceptions.

While I think these are good changes, I don't sense any urgency here, so
I'm treating this as v18 material at this point.

--
Nathan Bossart