Re: Allow non-superuser to cancel superuser tasks.

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Allow non-superuser to cancel superuser tasks.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 06, 2024 at 08:56:04AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> There is pg_read_all_stats as well, so I don't see a big issue in
> requiring to be a member of this role as well for the sake of what's
> proposing here.

Well, that tells you quite a bit more than just which PIDs correspond to
autovacuum workers, but maybe that's good enough for now.

> I'd rather not leak any information at the end for
> anybody calling pg_signal_backend without access to the stats, so
> checking the backend type after the role sounds kind of a safer
> long-term approach for me.

I'm not following what you mean by this.  Are you suggesting that we should
keep the existing superuser message for the autovacuum workers?

--
Nathan Bossart