Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 09:17:55AM +0100, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 at 19:03, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Could we make this test bulletproof by using an injection point?
> > If not, I remain of the opinion that we're better off without it.
>
> Possibly, and if so, I agree that would be better than the currently
> added test. But I honestly don't feel like spending the time on
> creating such a test.

The SQL test is more representative of real applications, and it's way simpler
to understand.  In general, I prefer 6-line SQL tests that catch a problem 10%
of the time over injection point tests that catch it 100% of the time.  For
low detection rate to be exciting, it needs to be low enough to have a serious
chance of all buildfarm members reporting green for the bad commit.  With ~115
buildfarm members running in the last day, 0.1% detection rate would have been
low enough to bother improving, but 4% would be high enough to call it good.