Re: Catalog domain not-null constraints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Catalog domain not-null constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Mar-25, Dean Rasheed wrote:

> Also (not this patch's fault), psql doesn't seem to offer a way to
> display domain constraint names -- something you need to know to drop
> or alter them. Perhaps \dD+ could be made to do that?

Ooh, I remember we had offered a patch for \d++ to display these
constraint names for tables, but didn't get around to gather consensus
for it.  We did gather consensus on *not* wanting \d+ to display them,
but we need *something*.  I suppose we should do something symmetrical
for tables and domains.  How about \dD++ and \dt++?

Bob [Floyd] used to say that he was planning to get a Ph.D. by the "green
stamp method," namely by saving envelopes addressed to him as 'Dr. Floyd'.
After collecting 500 such letters, he mused, a university somewhere in
Arizona would probably grant him a degree.              (Don Knuth)