Re: broken JIT support on Fedora 40

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Re: broken JIT support on Fedora 40
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/6b2bab2839c7a379556a10287034bd55906d7094/llvm/lib/Passes/PassBuilderBindings.cpp#L56

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/6b2bab2839c7a379556a10287034bd55906d7094/llvm/include/llvm/Passes/PassBuilder.h#L124

> Hrmph.  Might need an assertion build to learn more.  I'll try to look
> again next week or so.

Looks like I can reproduce this as well, libLLVM crashes when reaching
AddReturnAttributes inside InlineFunction, when trying to access
operands of the return instruction. I think, for whatever reason, the
latest LLVM doesn't like (i.e. do not expect this when performing
inlining pass) return instructions that do not have a return value, and
this is what happens in the outblock of deform function we generate
(slot_compile_deform).

For verification, I've modified the deform.outblock to call LLVMBuildRet
instead of LLVMBuildRetVoid and this seems to help -- inline and deform
stages are still performed as before, but nothing crashes. But of course
it doesn't sound right that inlining pass cannot process such code.
Unfortunately I don't see any obvious change in the recent LLVM history
that would justify this outcome, might be a genuine bug, will
investigate further.