Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Mar-14, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 at 20:08, Jacob Champion
> <jacob.champion@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > I hit this on my machine. With the attached diff I can reproduce
> > constantly (including with the most recent test patch); I think the
> > cancel must be arriving between the bind/execute steps?
>
> Nice find! Your explanation makes total sense. Attached a patchset
> that fixes/works around this issue by using the simple query protocol
> in the cancel test.

Hmm, isn't this basically saying that we're giving up on reliably
canceling queries altogether?  I mean, maybe we'd like to instead fix
the bug about canceling queries in extended query protocol ...
Isn't that something you're worried about?

"World domination is proceeding according to plan"        (Andrew Morton)