Re: why there is not VACUUM FULL CONCURRENTLY?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: why there is not VACUUM FULL CONCURRENTLY?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Feb-16, Antonin Houska wrote:

> BTW, I'm failing to understand why cluster_rel() has no argument of the
> BufferAccessStrategy type. According to buffer/README, the criterion for using
> specific strategy is that page "is unlikely to be needed again
> soon". Specifically for cluster_rel(), the page will *definitely* not be used
> again (unless the VACCUM FULL/CLUSTER command fails): BufferTag contains the
> relatin file number and the old relation file is eventually dropped.
>
> Am I missing anything?

No, that's just an oversight.  Access strategies are newer than that
cluster code.

"Most hackers will be perfectly comfortable conceptualizing users as entropy
 sources, so let's move on."                               (Nathaniel Smith)
      https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2007-01/msg00080.html