Re: pipe_read_line for reading arbitrary strings

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pipe_read_line for reading arbitrary strings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Mar-06, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> Good catch, that's an incorrect copy/paste, it should use ERRCODE_NO_DATA.  I'm
> not convinced that a function to read from a pipe should consider not reading
> anything successful by default, output is sort expected here.  We could add a
> flag parameter to use for signalling that no data is fine though as per the
> attached (as of yet untested) diff?

I think adding dead code is not a great plan, particularly if it's hairy
enough that we need to very carefully dissect what happens in error
cases.  IMO if and when somebody has a need for an empty return string
being acceptable, they can add it then.