Re: make BuiltinTrancheNames less ugly

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: make BuiltinTrancheNames less ugly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Feb-23, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> On 12/02/2024 19:01, Tristan Partin wrote:
> > On Wed Jan 24, 2024 at 8:09 AM CST, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > IMO it would be less ugly to have the origin file lwlocknames.txt be
> > > not a text file but a .h with a macro that can be defined by
> > > interested parties so that they can extract what they want from the
> > > file, like PG_CMDTAG or PG_KEYWORD.  Using Perl for this seems dirty...
> >
> > I really like this idea, and would definitely be more inclined to see
> > a solution like this.
>
> +1 to that idea from me too. Seems pretty straightforward.

OK, here's a patch that does it.  I have not touched Meson yet.

I'm pretty disappointed of not being able to remove
generate-lwlocknames.pl (it now generates the .h, no longer the .c
file), but I can't find a way to do the equivalent #defines in CPP ...
it'd require invoking the C preprocessor twice.  Maybe an intermediate
.h file would solve the problem, but I have no idea how would that work
with Meson.  I guess I'll do it in Make and let somebody suggest a Meson
way.

"El hombre nunca sabe de lo que es capaz hasta que lo intenta" (C. Dickens)

Вложения