Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Sat, 3 Feb 2024 22:32:45 +0500, "Andrey M. Borodin" <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote in
> Here's the test draft. This test reliably reproduces sleep on CV when waiting next multixact to be filled into
"members"SLRU.

By the way, I raised a question about using multiple CVs
simultaneously [1]. That is, I suspect that the current CV
implementation doesn't allow us to use multiple condition variables at
the same time, because all CVs use the same PCPROC member cvWaitLink
to accommodate different waiter sets. If this assumption is correct,
we should resolve the issue before spreading more uses of CVs.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20240227.150709.1766217736683815840.horikyota.ntt%40gmail.com

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi