Re: SQL Property Graph Queries (SQL/PGQ)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: SQL Property Graph Queries (SQL/PGQ)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-02-16 15:53:11 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The patch is quite fragile, and treading outside the tested paths will
> likely lead to grave misbehavior.  Use with caution.  But I feel that
> the general structure is ok, and we just need to fill in the
> proverbial few thousand lines of code in the designated areas.

One aspect that I m concerned with structurally is that the transformation,
from property graph queries to something postgres understands, is done via the
rewrite system. I doubt that that is a good idea. For one it bars the planner
from making plans that benefit from the graph query formulation. But more
importantly, we IMO should reduce usage of the rewrite system, not increase
it.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: System username in pg_stat_activity
Сообщение: Re: System username in pg_stat_activity