Re: Broken link

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Broken link
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2024-Feb-06, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> > On 5 Feb 2024, at 22:23, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> > This page has a link that says "See the release notes for PostgreSQL 12 for
> > details on this change."
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/recovery-config.html
> >
> > The link does not go to the release notes though.
>
> While not directly to the v12 release notes, it leads to a page where the
> release notes are linked from which seems good enough here.  This is a note on
> a change that happened in the oldest still supported version, with the previous
> behavior EOL.

The release notes for 12.0 [1] say less than the recovery-config.html
page says about the matter.  I think a good fix for this complaint is to
remove the whole phrase "See ... for details on this change".

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/12.0/

"I think my standards have lowered enough that now I think 'good design'
is when the page doesn't irritate the living f*ck out of me." (JWZ)