Re: Change COPY ... ON_ERROR ignore to ON_ERROR ignore_row

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: Change COPY ... ON_ERROR ignore to ON_ERROR ignore_row
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 05 Feb 2024 11:28:59 +0900
torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> > Based on this, I've made a patch.
> > based on COPY Synopsis: ON_ERROR 'error_action'
> > on_error 'null', the  keyword NULL should be single quoted.
>
> As you mentioned, single quotation seems a little odd..
>
> I'm not sure what is the best name and syntax for this feature, but
> since current error_action are verbs('stop' and 'ignore'), I feel 'null'
> might not be appropriate.

I am not in favour of using 'null' either, so I suggested to use
"set_to_null" or more generic syntax like  "set_to (col, val)" in my

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20240129172858.ccb6c77c3be95a295e2b2b44%40sraoss.co.jp

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--