Re: Add new for_each macros for iterating over a List that do not require ListCell pointer

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Add new for_each macros for iterating over a List that do not require ListCell pointer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Committed after some additional light edits.  Thanks for the patch!

On Wed, Jan 03, 2024 at 11:36:36PM +0100, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 at 23:13, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I like Nathan's wording.
>
> To be clear, I don't want to block this patch on the wording of that
> single comment. So, if you feel Nathan's wording was better, I'm fine
> with that too. But let me respond to your arguments anyway:

I decided to keep the v8 wording, if for no other reason than I didn't see
the need for lots of detail about how it compiles.  IMHO even the vague
mention of loop unrolling is probably more than is really necessary.

--
Nathan Bossart