Re: backtrace_on_internal_error

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: backtrace_on_internal_error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAGECzQQirExbHe6uLa4C-sP%3DwTR1jazR_wgCWd4177QE-%3DVFDw%40mail.gmail.com#0b6cc1897c6d507cef49a3f3797181aa

> Would it be possible to merge that on instead or at least use the same
> approach as that one (i.e. return -2 on EOF). Otherwise I have to
> update that patchset to match the new style of communicating that
> there is an EOF. Also I personally think a separate return value for
> EOF clearer when reading the code than checking for errno being 0.

Tom's patch imo doesn't really introduce anything really new - we already deal
with EOF that way in other places. And it's how the standard APIs deal with
the issue. I'd not design it this way on a green field, but given the current
state Tom's approach seems more sensible...

Greetings,

Andres Freund