Re: backtrace_on_internal_error

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: backtrace_on_internal_error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-12-08 17:35:26 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I thought it'd be nice to have a test for this, particularly because it's not
> > clear that the behaviour is consistent across openssl versions.
>
> Perhaps, but ...
>
> > To deal with that, I changed the test to instead check if "not accept SSL
> > connection: Success" is not logged.
>
> ... testing only that much seems entirely not worth the cycles, given the
> shape of the patches we both just made.  If we can't rely on "errno != 0"
> to ensure we won't get "Success", there is one heck of a lot of other
> code that will be broken worse than this.

I was certainly more optimistic about the usefullness of the test before
disocvering the above difficulties...

I considered accepting both ECONNRESET and the errno = 0 phrasing, but after
discovering that the phrasing differs between platforms that seemed less
attractive.

I guess the test might still provide some value, by ensuring those paths are
reached.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: backtrace_on_internal_error
Сообщение: Re: backtrace_on_internal_error