Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-12-07 13:49:44 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 2023-12-07 Th 12:34, Andres Freund wrote:
> > However: I used godbolt to compile the test code on msvc, and it seems to
> > build with 19.15 (which is the version Andrew referenced upthread), with a
> > warning that's triggered independent of the structfunc bit.
> >
> > https://godbolt.org/z/j99E9MeEK
> >

> > Andrew, could you attach meson.log from the failed build?
> >

> The odd thing is I tried to reproduce the issue and instead it's now
> compiling with VS2017. The only thing I have changed on the machine was to
> install VS2022 alongside VS2017, as well as switching which perl to link to,
> which should have no effect on this.

The error might have been due to an older C runtime. I think installing visual
studio 2022 might have lead to updating the C runtime associated with VS 2017
to a newer release of VS 2017. Or even updated the version of VS 2017 - I find
the version numbers of msvc vs visual studio incomprehensible, but I think
19.15.26726 is from 2017, missing a lot of bugfixes that were made to VS 2017
since.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: errors building on windows using meson
Сообщение: Re: errors building on windows using meson