Re: about help message for new pg_dump's --filter option

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: about help message for new pg_dump's --filter option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Nov-30, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Recently, a new --filter option was added to pg_dump. I might be
> wrong, but the syntax of the help message for this feels off. Is the
> word 'on' not necessary after 'based'?
>
> >  --filter=FILENAME            include or exclude objects and data from dump
> >                               based expressions in FILENAME

Isn't this a bit too long?  Maybe we can do something shorter, like

  --filter=FILENAME            determine objects in dump based on FILENAME

"Those who use electric razors are infidels destined to burn in hell while
we drink from rivers of beer, download free vids and mingle with naked
well shaved babes." (http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=44793&cid=4647152)