Re: A wrong comment about search_indexed_tlist_for_var

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: A wrong comment about search_indexed_tlist_for_var
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Dec-01, Richard Guo wrote:

> However, this cross-check will also be performed in non-debug builds
> ever since commit 867be9c07, which converts this check from Asserts to
> test-and-elog.  The commit message there also says:
>
>     Committed separately with the idea that eventually we'll revert
>     this.  It might be awhile though.
>
> I wonder if now is the time to revert it, since there have been no
> related bugs reported for quite a while.

I don't know anything about this, but maybe it would be better to let
these elogs there for longer, so that users have time to upgrade and
test.  This new code has proven quite tricky, and if I understand
correctly, if we do run some query with wrong varnullingrels in
production code without elog and where Assert() does nothing, that might
silently lead to wrong results.

OTOH keeping the elog there might impact performance.  Would that be
significant?

"Debido a que la velocidad de la luz es mucho mayor que la del sonido,
 algunas personas nos parecen brillantes un minuto antes
 de escuchar las pelotudeces que dicen." (Roberto Fontanarrosa)

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Clean up role created in new subscription test.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Clean up role created in new subscription test.