Re: PSQL error: total cell count of XXX exceeded

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PSQL error: total cell count of XXX exceeded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Sep-12, Tom Lane wrote:

> I'm more than a bit skeptical about trying to do something about this,
> simply because this range of query result sizes is far past what is
> practical.  The OP clearly hasn't tested his patch on actually
> overflowing query results, and I don't care to either.

I think we're bound to hit this limit at some point in the future, and
it seems easy enough to solve.  I propose the attached, which is pretty
much what Hongxu last submitted, with some minor changes.

Having this make a difference requires some 128GB of RAM, so it's not a
piece of cake, but it's an amount that can be reasonably expected to be
physically installed in real machines nowadays.

(I first thought we could just use pg_mul_s32_overflow during
printTableInit and raise an error if that returns true, but that just
postpones the problem.)

Subversion to GIT: the shortest path to happiness I've ever heard of
                                                (Alexey Klyukin)

Вложения