Re: 31.7.1. Initial Snapshot

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 31.7.1. Initial Snapshot
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2023-Oct-11, David G. Johnston wrote:

> Or move 4 paragraphs of introductory material into its own section so that
> there are two sections and a brief sentence for an intro.

We have lots of other places where this (single-entry TOCs) happens.  I
don't think we want to add spurious <section> tags in all those places
is going to be a good idea.

> I don't see a special case for a single section to be a productive use of
> time.

Well, it's the only case where it's not obvious what is going on, but I
agree it's not a great fix -- maybe we have some place where the
introductory material is very long and the first section is several
pagefuls below, and not having a TOC in that case wouldn't be great.

> Improved formatting overall for the chapter ToC has merit.

Great ...

"Crear es tan difícil como ser libre" (Elsa Triolet)