Re: pg_ctl start may return 0 even if the postmaster has been already started on Windows

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: pg_ctl start may return 0 even if the postmaster has been already started on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:48:55 +0000, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> Dear Horiguchi-san,
>
> > I added the thread to next CF entry, so let's see the how cfbot says.
>
> At least there are several compiler warnings. E.g.,
>
> * pgwin32_find_postmaster_pid() has "return;", but IIUC it should be "exit(1)"
> * When DWORD is printed, "%lx" should be used.
> * The variable "flags" seems not needed.

Yeah, I thought that they all have been fixed but.. you are right in
every respect.

> Here is a patch which suppresses warnings, whereas test would fail...
> You can use it if acceptable.

I was able to see the trouble in the CI environment, but not
locally. I'll delve deeper into this. Thanks you for bringing it to my
attention.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi