Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-08-22 23:58:33 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> To make that possible, we need to make the compute resources for CI
> configurable on a per-repository basis.  After experimenting with a bunch of
> ways to do that, I got stuck on that for a while. But since today we have
> sufficient macos runners for cfbot available, so... I think the approach I
> finally settled on is decent, although not great. It's described in the "main"
> commit message:
> [...]
>     ci: Prepare to make compute resources for CI configurable
> I'm hoping to push this fairly soon, as I'll be on vacation the last week of
> August. I'll be online intermittently though, if there are issues, I can react
> (very limited connectivity for middday Aug 29th - midday Aug 31th though). I'd
> appreciate a quick review or two.

I've pushed this yesterday.

And then utilized it to make cfbot use
1) macos persistent workers, hosted by two community members
2) our own GCP account for all the other operating systems

There were a few issues initially (needed to change how to run multiple jobs
on a single mac, and looks like there were some issues with macos going to
sleep while processing jobs...). But it now seems to be chugging alone ok.

One of the nice things is that with our own compute we also control how much
storage can be used, making things like generating docs or code coverage as
part of cfbot more realistic. And we could enable mingw by default when run as
part of cfbot...

Greetings,

Andres Freund