Re: BUG #17994: Invalidating relcache corrupts tupDesc inside ExecEvalFieldStoreDeForm()

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #17994: Invalidating relcache corrupts tupDesc inside ExecEvalFieldStoreDeForm()
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,

On 2023-Jul-12, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> +            entry = hash_search(missing_cache, &key, HASH_ENTER, &found);
> +
> +            if (!found)
> +            {
> +                /* cache miss, so we need a non-transient copy of the datum */
> +                oldctx = MemoryContextSwitchTo(TopMemoryContext);
> +                entry->value =
> +                    datumCopy(attrmiss->am_value, false, att->attlen);
> +                MemoryContextSwitchTo(oldctx);

Hmm ... when exactly do these values get freed if no longer needed?  Is
the theory that leaking them is not relevant?

"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy discordant images
at such speed as to render linear thought impossible" (Calvin a la TV)