Re: Using defines for protocol characters

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Using defines for protocol characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I tried to address all the feedback in v5 of the patch, which is attached.
> I limited the patch to only the characters that have names in the "Message
> Formats" section of protocol.sgml instead of trying to invent names for
> unnamed characters.
>
> I'm aware of one inconsistency.  While I grouped all the authentication
> request messages ('R') into PqMsg_AuthenticationRequest, I added separate
> macros for all the different meanings of 'p', i.e., GSSResponse,
> PasswordMessage, SASLInitialResponse, and SASLResponse.  I wanted to list
> everything in protocol.sgml (even the duplicate ) to ease greppability, but
> the code is structure such that adding macros for all the different
> authentication messages would be kind of pointless.  Plus, there is a
> separate set of authentication request codes just below the added macros.
> So, this is where I landed...

Is it possible to put the new define staff into protocol.h then let
pqcomm.h include protocol.h? This makes Pgpool-II and other middle
ware/drivers written in C easier to use the defines so that they only
include protocol.h to use the defines.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS LLC

Сообщение: Re: proposal: jsonb_populate_array
Сообщение: Re: proposal: jsonb_populate_array