Re: Incorrect handling of OOM in WAL replay leading to data loss

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Incorrect handling of OOM in WAL replay leading to data loss
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 01 Aug 2023 15:28:54 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> While we will not agree, we could establish a defalut behavior where
> an OOM during recovery immediately triggers an ERROR. Then, we could
> introduce a *GUC* that causes recovery to regard OOM as an
> end-of-recovery error.

If we do that, the reverse might be preferable. (OOMs are
end-of-reocvery by default. That can be changed to ERROR by GUC.)

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center