Re: Fix compilation warnings when CFLAGS -Og is specified

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Fix compilation warnings when CFLAGS -Og is specified
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 1 Aug 2023 04:51:55 +0000, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> Dear hackers,
>
> # Background
>
> Based on [1], I did configure and build with options:
> (I used Meson build system, but it could be reproduced by Autoconf/Make)
>
> ```
> $ meson setup -Dcassert=true -Ddebug=true -Dc_args=-Og  ../builder
> $ cd ../builder
> $ ninja
> ```
>
> My gcc version is 4.8.5, and ninja is 1.10.2.

gcc 4.8 looks very old?

AFAIS all of those complaints are false positives and if I did this
correclty, gcc 11.3 seems to have been fixed in this regard.

> # Solution
>
> PSA the patch to keep the compiler quiet. IIUC my compiler considered that
> substitutions in PG_TRY() might be skipped. I'm not sure it is real problem,
> but the workarounds are harmless.
>
> Or, did I miss something for ignoring above?
>
> [1]:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ#:~:text=or%20MSVC%20tracepoints.-,What%20debugging%20features%20are%20available%3F,-Compile%2Dtime

I think we don't want "fix" those as far as modern compilers don't
emit the false positives.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi