Re: Conflict between regression tests namespace & transactions due to recent changes

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Conflict between regression tests namespace & transactions due to recent changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 12:16:08PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Marina Polyakova <m.polyakova@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> > IIUC the conflict was caused by
>
> > +SET search_path to public, test_ns_schema_1;
> > +CREATE SCHEMA test_ns_schema_2
> > +       CREATE VIEW abc_view AS SELECT a FROM abc;
>
> > because the parallel regression test transactions had already created
> > the table abc and was trying to drop it.
>
> Hmm.  I'd actually fix the blame on transactions.sql here.  Creating
> a table named as generically as "abc" is horribly bad practice in
> a set of concurrent tests.  namespace.sql is arguably okay, since
> it's creating that table name in a private schema.
>
> I'd be inclined to fix this by doing s/abc/something-else/g in
> transactions.sql.

For the record, I'm fairly sure s/public, test_ns_schema_1/test_ns_schema_1/
on the new namespace tests would also solve things.  Those tests don't need
"public" in the picture.  Nonetheless, +1 for your proposal.