Re: Memory leak from ExecutorState context?

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: Memory leak from ExecutorState context?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for your review!

On Sat, 13 May 2023 23:47:53 +0200
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the patches. A couple mostly minor comments, to complement
> Melanie's review:
>
> 0001
>
> I'm not really sure about calling this "hybrid hash-join". What does it
> even mean? The new comments simply describe the existing batching, and
> how we increment number of batches, etc.

Unless I'm wrong, I believed it comes from the "Hybrid hash join algorithm" as
described here (+ see pdf in this page ref):

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_join#Hybrid_hash_join

I added the ref in the v7 documentation to avoid futur confusion, is it ok?

> 0002
>
> I wouldn't call the new ExecHashJoinSaveTuple parameter spillcxt but
> just something generic (e.g. cxt). Yes, we're passing spillCxt, but from
> the function's POV it's just a pointer.

changed in v7.

> I also wouldn't move the ExecHashJoinSaveTuple comment inside - it just
> needs to be reworded that we're expecting the context to be with the
> right lifespan. The function comment is the right place to document such
> expectations, people are less likely to read the function body.

moved and reworded in v7.

> The modified comment in hashjoin.h has a some alignment issues.

I see no alignment issue. I suppose what bother you might be the spaces
before spillCxt and batchCxt to show they are childs of hashCxt? Should I
remove them?

Regards,

Вложения