Re: Using make_ctags leaves tags files in git

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Using make_ctags leaves tags files in git
Дата
Re: Using make_ctags leaves tags files in git  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-May-14, Tom Lane wrote:

> Steve Chavez <steve@supabase.io> writes:
> > In this case I just propose adding 'tags'. I believe it's reasonable to
> > ignore these as they're produced by make_ctags.
>
> Our policy on this is that the project's .gitignore files should ignore
> files that are produced by our standard build scripts.

But make_ctags is *our* script, so I think this rule applies to them as
well.  (In any case, what can be hurt?  We're not going to add any files
to git named "tags" anyway.)